Thursday, October 17, 2013

Deadly Dee's Review of Zombie Erotoclypse

Zombie Erotoclypse by Tamsin Flowers
 
Book Summary
 
If you're missing The Walking Dead, if you're the slightest bit fond of zombies or if you think they're smarter than we give them credit for, this is the book for you - in Zombie Erotoclypse the zombies have one thing on their mind and it ain't about eating your brain!

Have you ever wondered whether zombies have sex? Fall in love? Lust after humans? The five stories in this red hot collection of zombie erotica will answer all these questions and more. If you thought it was tough being a teenage virgin, try it zombie style or why not take a visit to the club where humans get to have their wicked way with hot young zombies - for a price... Meet the Peeping Zom, who develops an obsession with a hot human blonde. Who looks after new zombies and teaches them the art of zombie love-making? And how would you react if the love of your life came home one evening with a zombie bite?
 
 
 
Deadly Dee's Review
 
I went into this with an open mind. I like books about zombies. I like erotica. I even like books that have zombies, and characters who are fighting the zombies who later go on to have hot sex.

However, after reading this book, what I've discovered is, I definitely do NOT like reading about zombies having sex, and cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone can call it erotic, or erotica.

Zombie Erotoclypse is a series of short stories. They are, for the most part, well written. No glaring typos or grammatical errors that jumped out at me or made me cringe. They are also about zombies - dead, grey, slimy fleshed creatures, getting turned on and having sex. Very detailed, graphic sex.
 
In one story, two zombies get so horny after murdering a man, they kiss with their mouths still full of his blood and brains. This leads to them rushing back to their home, and engaging in wild zombie sex.
 
I dunno... maybe it's just me... but after the visual of a mouthful of shared brains and blood, my "oh yeah baby" meter was set at about negative 8000. I've read plenty of books that have totally grossed me out, but this was... different.
I guess for me, sex just shouldn't be grey and slimy.
 
Different strokes for different folks.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment